16 Jan Words of Grace – 15 Days of Prayer Through 1 Corinthians
We are on the journey through 1 Corinthians. Along the way we expect to deal with many of the issues that can trouble Christians and local congregations. This Sunday we will hear about divisions in the church.
1 Corinthians is not all about problems. Along the way we will also hear the great promises of God and possibilities for the church. God loves his church. He rebukes, corrects, and instructs us because he intends to mature us and to bring glory to Christ through us. He won’t give up on the church.
The journey through 1 Corinthians will also include prayer. Beginning this Sunday, Grace will set aside 15 days to pray for our church to be shaped by the teaching of this book. Each day you will receive an email with a passage from 1 Corinthians and a request that will help you “Pray for God’s Glory Through a Healthy Church.” I encourage you to pray that day’s request and passage in these ways:
1. In your personal prayer time
2. With your friends or family at meal times
3. With any small group you meet with during the week
4. As you drive to Sunday worship the next two weeks
5. For me as I preach on that passage sometime over the next several months
6. For yourself or a friend who may be dealing with the issue presented in that passage in a particular way
7. For our church to reflect the holiness and love of God in our city
Pray through 1 Corinthians with us.