Dec 13, 2012 It Has Been a Challenging Time…
It has been a challenging 16 months for our family since returning to the United States from England, and sometimes we feel like we are just hanging on. Scott does two things nearly every Sunday that greatly encourages us. The first is when he enthusiastically greets the congregation at the beginning of the service and thanks God for keeping us in faith one more week. We made it one more week! What a great reminder of God’s gracious sustaining grace and what an encouragement to look around and see others dealing with challenges who have also been kept in faith. WE MADE IT ONE MORE WEEK! The second thing Scott does is pray for other churches around us and in Nashville. It seems like such an obvious prayer but this is the first church I have ever been a part of where the paster prays for other churches to successfully administer the gospel. That just encourages me.
GCC blesses us in so many other ways:
– Seeing a staff that works in harmony with each other
– Benefiting from a staff so uniquely gifted in each of its respective areas
– Seeing elders serve in children’s SS classes
– Seeing people give generously
– Experiencing genuine Christian concern and support
– Hearing the gospel clearly preached every week
– Having a Children’s Minister and volunteers who have a deep desire to see children transformed
On and on it goes. As I once told Scott in relation to being in numerous churches over 40 years, “I feel like I’ve dated a lot of girls in my life but being at Grace is the first time I’ve ever truly felt in love.” May God continue to rest His grace upon Grace!
– Chris Turner