09 Oct Ministries Assistant Position
Grace Community Church is now accepting applications for the new position of Ministries Assistant. The primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to the Children’s Ministry. A job description may viewed below. Resumes may be sent to Bill Bryan or mailed to 5711 Granny White Pike, Brentwood, TN 37027.
Grace Community Church
Position Profile- Ministries Assistant / Children and Families
The primary function of the Ministries Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Pastor of Children and Families.
The Ministries Assistant is supervised by the Pastor of Children and Families and is accountable to the Director of Administration.
The Ministries Assistant will work in the church office Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Any additional hours required due to occasional evening or weekend activities will be compensated with time off on weekdays.
Personal Qualities Needed
1. Good communication skills with a pleasant speaking manner.
2. Mature, tactful, and able to handle personal information in a confidential manner.
3. Team player.
4. Highly motivated.
1. Experience in a professional office environment is preferred.
2. Ability to type 60 words a minute.
3. Prior use of Windows and Mac operating systems.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
5. Capacity to learn the use of the program providing church database for information and attendance (currently, Fellowship One).
6. Capacity to learn the use of Smart Events for event registrations.
7. Demonstrated ability to proofread well.
The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Other tasks may be required and those tasks will be in keeping with the job description of the Ministries Assistant under “General” above, as well as other office and ministry responsibilities as needed.
1. Attend weekly Staff Meeting with entire church staff.
2. Attend weekly planning meeting with the Pastor of Children and Families.
3. Communications via e-mail and phone with parents of children and Children’s Ministry volunteers.
4. Purchasing and distribution of Sunday School supplies.
5. Tracking and reporting of Sunday School attendance.
6. Scheduling childcare workers for church events and activities.
7. Assist in the preparation and implementation of events and activities such as Vacation Bible School and Centri-Kid.
8. Collection and distribution of curriculum for Sunday School and Kids in Community.
9. Process volunteer applications and order background checks.